Mickelson Trail Marathon & Mirna Valerio Workshop
$1499 per person
Run with Mirna Valerio Workshop, Marathon & Women’s Retreat
Where are you on your journey?
We are so excited to welcome Mirna Valerio to the Hisega Adventure Lodge for this Run with Mirna Valerio Workshop and Marathon.
About the workshop: Passion Forward
In this two-part workshop we will explore your personal and/or professional life through the lenses of identity, passions, core values, talents/skills, and pleasures. All too often, we de-center our own needs and desires in service of others’. Be it family obligations, professional commitments, energy-sucking ‘other’ events, and other aspects of daily life that not only make self-care difficult, but that make self-preservation almost impossible.
It is high time to center ourselves, in our thinking, in our habits, in the ways we express ourselves, the ways in which we interact with other, and more importantly in how we choose to honor our own humanity.
About the Marathon:
The Deadwood Mickelson Trail Marathon is a point to point course, beginning in the hamlet of Rochford, the first 1.5 miles are on the road. At this point, the course becomes the Mickelson Trail. The next 12 miles are a mixture of gentle uphill and flat terrain. From there to mile 19 is downhill, From 19.6 to about 20, there is a serious downhill… it’s runable, just don’t “runaway.” From this point to the end, the course is either downhill or flat and finishes at the historic Engine House at end of the line…the Deadwood Trailhead.
The Half Marathon is also a point to point course, starting at the 13.1 mile mark of the full marathon, and follows the marathon course described above, also finishing at the historic Engine House of the Deadwood Trailhead.
Our Run with Mirna Valerio Workshop and Marathon is limited to 12 runners only. If you have never run a marathon but think you’re ready, this might be the time for you! Those who want to run the half marathon have that option right up to the starting line.
This is all-inclusive with Marathon registration fees included and everything you need to enjoy your 3 night/4 day weekend, please take a look at the weekend detail for more information.
IncludedAccommondationAirport & Trail TransfersMealsTrail FeesTrainingYoga
Not IncludedAirfareEquipment Rental
Day 1: Race Day
Day 2: Recovery Monday
Check out: Tuesday
What to expect:
- Support before and after the race.
- Transportation to the start and from the finish line.
- Delicious, power packed meals and comfortable accommodations.
- Post-race celebration.
- A number of recovery options to help relieve soreness and restore our tired muscles.
- Comfortable, relaxing accommodations at the Hisega Adventure Lodge
- All meals
- Workshop by Mirna Valerio
- Post-race beer and wine
- Pre-race snacks
- Race registration
- Transportation to and from the race
- Transportation to and from the official race after party
- Transportation to and from trailheads during our group hike
- Athletic recovery sessions, restorative yoga, and opportunities to book massages at the lodge
- Good times, a great race, amazing food and new friends!
What to bring:
- Your race gear
- Comfortable clothes for the lodge
- Clothing for optional yoga, recovery sessions, hiking, or massages