Women’s Mountain Bike Clinic
$899 per person
Looking for an opportunity to improve your mountain biking skills surrounded by like-minded women? Then our Women’s Mountain Bike Clinic is perfect for you! Whether you’re relatively new to mountain biking or an experienced rider, there’s always something to learn, and this weekend will help prepare you to face new challenges on your bike.
Riders of all experience levels are welcome — all we ask is that you have an earnest desire to improve! We work with each and every guest, ensuring that you get personal attention to learn new skills, and hone those you already have.
So what do you want to learn?
The moves for safely climbing and descending, pumping for speed and traction, wheel lifts and traversing obstacles?
Dealing with switchbacks, berms, and cornering? Roll-down lunging, bunny hopping, intro to small jumps?
Maintaining the right body position and balance when changing terrain?
We’re ready to teach you core skills and advanced skills, and then help you implement them during group and free ride sessions.
After check-in on Thursday evening, we’ll get to know one another over dinner, and discuss the plan for the weekend. Feel free to be sociable and hang out in the common areas if you like, but don’t stay up too late, we’ve got a busy weekend ahead of us!
Starting on Friday after breakfast, certified trail guides and instructors will assess your current skill level and find out specific areas that YOU want to work on and skills you want to learn. Then we’ll ride as a group on some of the most beautiful trails that the Black Hills National Forest has to offer. Afterwards we’ll return to the lodge, have a follow up discussion about the day’s skills instruction and ride, then enjoy a delicious dinner together.
Saturday and Sunday will share this format, but we will incorporate additional skills and put them to the test on a new trail each day. For those that need a little warm-up, yoga for fitness will be offered each morning. Check out will follow breakfast on Monday morning.
*Weather in the Black Hills changes quickly. Plans are subject to change depending on weather and trail conditions.
*Pending Guide Permit Application Approval US Forest Service.
IncludedAccommondationAirport & Trail TransfersMealsTrail FeesTrainingYoga
Not IncludedAirfareEquipment Rental
Day 1: Friday
Days 2 & 3 Saturday and Sunday
Check out: Monday
What to expect:
- Skills training from skilled instructors.
- Opportunities for practical application on the trails.
- Group rides in the beautiful Black Hills National Forest.
- Lunch on the trail.
- Adventure! We prepare for most things but you never know what you may come across on the trail.
- Comfortable, relaxing accommodations at the Hisega Adventure Lodge
- All meals
- Post-ride beer and wine
- Trail snacks
- All trail fees
- Transportation to and from the trailhead
- Skills instruction from experienced instructors
- Three days of skills practice and group rides
- Good times, fresh skills, amazing food and new friends!
What to bring:
- Your mountain bike.
- Helmet and other safety gear.
- A light pack to carry your water and trail snacks.
- A light jacket or rain gear.
- An open mind and a positive attitude!