D.A.R.T. ADV Motorcycle Train/Tour Beyond Basics & Advanced
$2100 per person
Adventure Riding Immersion Train/Tour with
Dragoo Adventure Rider Training (D.A.R.T.)
BEYOND BASICS Session • August 19-23, 2024
ADVANCED Session • August 24-28, 2024
Hisega Adventure Lodge
Black Hills, South Dakota
Beyond the Basics training will focus on balance and control, rather than using muscle and speed to get safely through the rough. Our building-block exercises will help you become comfortable with body position, slow-speed maneuvering, line selection, climbing, descending, braking and more, in an off-road environment. First, we will work on off-road motorcycle drills and skill development in a controlled environment. Then, your experience will extend to actual obstacles on real trails.
This ride is for you if:
- You have not taken formal adventure motorcycle training but have dabbled off road
- You ride mostly gravel or pavement
- You’re looking to build a technically sound off-road skills base
- You’re looking to complete your first BDR, BDR-X, multi-day off pavement tour or adventure a little further off the gravel.
The Advanced Adventure Bike training will help you go deeper into the back country and to ride more confidently with almost any group. This session is designed for riders with off-pavement experience or who have completed a D.A.R.T. Levels 1 and 2 class (beginner to intermediate) or equivalent and can confidently perform those skills in a wild environment.
In your advanced training and tour, we will focus on increasing your speed through advanced braking, cornering and line selection, overcoming technical obstacles and some single-track. Adventure motorcycles are more capable than many riders realize. This tour will help you achieve a greater appreciation for what your machine can do and equip you with the skills to make it all happen at a faster pace.
This tour is for you if:
- You can confidently make small-radius turns on your motorcycle while standing
- You can ride short rock gardens with “baby head” -sized rocks
- You can self-recover your motorcycle off a steep climb
- You have taken an Adventure Motorcycle basics course and can confidently perform those skills learned
Each off-road motorcycle training and tour session is a 4-night/3-day program. Exact routing and elements are subject to change.
Bill Dragoo is an Internationally certified BMW Motorrad off road instructor. His D.A.R.T. curriculum uses “building-block” exercises to bolster your confidence and skill as you progress from one element to the next. D.A.R.T. is truly dedicated to the training of both new and experienced riders
Read more about Bill Dragoo at billdragoo.com
Not IncludedAll Rental Fees / Trail Fees for Activities